Download free pdf Introduction to Linux A Hands on Guide course material and training.
Many people still believe that learning Linux is difficult, or that only experts can understand how a Linux system works. Though there is a lot of free documentation available, the documentation is widely scattered on the Web, and often confusing, since it is usually oriented toward experienced UNIX or Linux users. Today, thanks to the advancements in development, Linux has grown in popularity both at home and at work. The goal of this guide is to show people of all ages that Linux can be simple and fun, and used for all kinds of purposes.
|File type :
|Table of Contents
- Chapter 1. Whatis Linux?
- Chapter 2. Quickstart
- Chapter 3. About files and the file system
- Chapter 4. Processes
- Chapter 5. I/O redirection
- Chapter 6. Text editors
- Chapter 7. Home sweet /home
- Chapter 8. Printers and printing
- Chapter 9. Fundamental Backup Techniques
- Chapter 10. Networking
- Chapter 11. Sound and Video
- Appendix A. Where to go from here?
- Appendix B. DOS versus Linux commands
- Appendix C. Shell Features